Storage Engineering Lead
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Our client is a financial services, data and multiformat media company, highly respected in the market for its leading data, managed services, analytics and equitytrading platforms.
Their New York office is hiring a Storage Engineering Team Lead to maintain their complex data infrastructure systems.
The Lead will be overseeing a team that designs and builds extensive automated systems from a combination of open source solutions and internal enterprise software, controllable via API.
- Lead a team of infrastructure engineers responsible for the company’s global data storage
- Ensure the availability and high performance of the storage products, innovating with the engineering team to continuously improve
- Build automation around all stages of the storage lifecycle, eliminating repeated tasks and automating failure responses
- Motivate a high-performing team and lead by example
- Develop hardware/software technical solutions to provide a world-class service level
- 3 or more years’ experience overseeing storage engineering teams in production environments and building automation solutions
- 5years of development experience, hands-on, with C/C++/Python/Go
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems with extensive knowledge of code, storage hardware, networking, and Oss
- Experience with data storage algorithms, technologies such as erasure coding, and complex production troubleshooting