We’re seeking Storage Engineera to join the Q2 Datacenter Operations team. The successful candidate would be part of a Datacenter Operations team tasked with providing exceptional service and uptime necessary to provide millions of end users with anytime, anywhere access to Q2’s Online Banking application. This position will be responsible for support and maintenance, troubleshooting complex issues, and making recommendations for improving the resiliency and scalability of the storage environment.
- Drive technical knowledge of multi-vendor storage technologies and Backup technologies in complex infrastructure for Q2.
- Expert Knowledge and working experience with Various SAN platform from EMC, NetApp, IBM, HP and Cisco.
- SAN Storage Technologies – EMC VMAX, Unity, VNX, NetApp, HP 3PAR, IBM XIV and DDN.
- NAS Storage Technologies – EMC Isilon and NetApp.
- Various Fabric products – Cisco and Brocade switches.
- Monitoring and reporting tools such as NetApp OnCommand, EMC Insight IQ, Cloud IQ, ESRS, SolarWinds, Splunk and etc
- Good understanding of Backup Technologies: EMC Avamar, NetBackup, Veeam, etc.
- Backup Monitoring tools – OpsCenter, EMC DPA and Veeam Monitor and reporter.
- Network technologies and firewall configuration and implementation
- Virtualization products – VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Demonstrated experience with process automation (bash,Perl, powershell) and/or configuration management
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Good knowledge with performance and capacity management tools Additional Skills:
- Must have expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations.
- Handles and executes with a high level of operational urgency
- Ability to maintain calm, and work closely with other technical and business team during a critical situation
- Administrative level communication and collaboration skills
- Build strong relationships with global and cross-functional teams.
- Storage and Backup Certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4 – 7 years previous Storage related experience
- Use professional concepts to solve a variety of problems
- Ability to work on problems of diverse scope, where analysis of situation requires a review of identifiable factors
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment