*While some remote work may be allowed, candidates must be located within commutable distance of Huntsville, Alabama.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform a full assessment of the storage requirements and environments used throughout AvMC enterprise.
- Brief G6 leadership on recommendations, if any, to improve the storage capability throughout AvMC. The strategic plan will include proposed consolidations, locations, required procurements (HW and SW)
- Lead the configuration and sustainment of Isilon, Unity, Data Domain, MSAs, and remaining VNX units. Migrate all data from VNX to Isilon.
- Deploy secondary Isilon as replication target for primary Isilon.
- Sustain the remaining SAN systems through decommission. Lead the acceleration of decommission.
- Lead the configuration and sustainment of Cohesity. Continue to sustain the Avamar and Quantum backup systems through decommission. Lead the acceleration of decommission and migration to Cohesity.
- Responsible for performing user backup restorations when required.
- Familiarity with large scale environments, 10,000+ users, and a firm understanding of impacts of system changes and configuration changes.
- Constant monitoring, reporting, metrics generation. Provide requirements of storage metrics monitoring to Cybersecurity Services and have a storage SOC panel built within Splunk.
- Setup quotas on Home File Folders and Directorate and Project File Folders to maintain storage control; Document process and provide SOPs for enabling quotas and requesting larger quota.
- Evaluate and recommend consolidated storage strategies.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- US citizenship and Active Secret clearance required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree is preferred
- Over 5 years related work experience.
- DoD 8570 compliant. (The DoD 8570 Level II certifications - CCNA- Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP).
- Familiarity with Isilon and Cohesity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service/client facing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with little or no direct supervision and in a team environment.
- Remote candidate can apply
- 10% Travel might be required post-covid.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and work experience required; and must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties, in addition to the above, may be assigned as necessary to meet business needs.
Every bit of our success is the result of hard-working, motivated, and innovative professionals who are proud to call themselves part of the Harmonia family! We are pleased to have been recognized for the work we do and the employees who do it. Some of these recognitions include:
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 company
- Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 company
- Great Place to Work Certified
- Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies
- SBA SBIR Tibbett's Award
- V3 Certification
- CEO World Award
At Harmonia, we are pleased to offer competitive compensation and a dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; gym/wellness reimbursement; 401(k) matching; 501(c)(3) donation matching; paid holidays; generous paid time off; training reimbursement; and an Employee Assistance Program.