A Storage Engineer is responsible for all aspects of day to day management of the storage environment.
Incident management, effective troubleshooting skills are critical requirements of a Storage Engineer. The position assumes accountability for delivery of services that meet business requirements in a timely fashion. This position works closely with other IT teams and various business units to deploy and resolve storage requirements.
- Take ownership of assigned tickets
- Participate in assigned project work
- Participates in change control process for Epiq infrastructure changes
- Responsible for vendor escalations as required
- Provide technical procedure documents to make sure all admins follow the same process
- Participate in audit activities, provide documentation and maintain compliance
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime and regulatory compliance
- Maintain current knowledge of storage-related trends and issues including emerging technologies and best practices
- Participate in creating technical procedure documents
- Provide input for new environment designs as needed
- Responsible for hands on support
- Participate in on call support rotation as required