IBM Systems is looking for an entry-level Storage Development Engineer. This is a high performing team with a thirst for challenges. We are reinventing the product to satisfy the needs of clients worldwide as the marketplace expands to adopt newer technologies (e.g. Cloud).
As a Storage Development Engineer, you are responsible for hardware and microcode development and verification activities for the TS7700 Virtualization Engine product by following agile principles. This includes working closely with all levels of development and test teams to plan and execute the development of new product features, new hardware, and unit testing of existing functions.
This also includes delving into exciting futures of Cloud technologies, Object Storage and data acceleration solutions. You will work with a broadly skilled team consisting of many disciplines to deliver high quality storage products. You will be exposed to new product enhancements, product field issues, debug analysis, and product code fixes.
Ideal candidates must be able to prioritize his/her tasks and clearly communicate status to their team and management. Characteristics contributing to success in this role include leadership, organization, problem solving, analytical thinking, flexibility and and being self-driven; a team player who is also able to work independently.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge/experience in Agile
- Basic knowledge/experience in Software test or development
- Basic knowledge/experience in Linux
- Basic knowledge/experience with Defect tracking and reporting
- Basic knowledge/experience in Storage Product Testing
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Agile
- At least 1 year of experience in Software test or development
- At least 1 year of experience in Linux
- At least 1 year of Defect tracking and reporting
- At least 1 year of experience in Storage Product Testing
High School Diploma/GED
Early Professional Track