$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To research, evaluate, design, implement, and maintain system and product solutions, applying knowledge of engineering principles related to a large enterprise Storage and Backup environment. To provide technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develop and maintain advanced functional knowledge of evolving IT engineering industry technologies, best practices, competition, concepts and trends specifically in the area of Storage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Your success with attaining and performing the required skills and abilities will be enhanced if they consist the following:
• Hands-on experience with Data protection infrastructure – including intermediate to expert-level knowledge of Backup and Recovery solutions for virtual and physical server environments. As evidenced by at least 1 current intermediate level certification or the equivalent experience and training
• Hands-on experience with Storage infrastructure – including intermediate to expert-level knowledge of IBM and/or NetApp Storage hardware, and SAN networking configuration As evidenced by at least 1 current intermediate level certification or the equivalent experience and training.
• Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
• Experience with design and implementation of advanced Backup and Storage infrastructure with skills in multi-datacenter, High Availability, Diagnostics, Capacity Management and Performance Tuning as evidenced by at least 1 current advanced-level certifications and/or the equivalent in experience and training
• Evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
• Assigns tasks to and coordinates work with entry-level engineers, technicians, or administrative staff.
• Possesses effective oral and written communication skills. Assists with vendor, customer, or management contacts and communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
• Lead, guide and mentor less experienced staff
• Present clear, organized and concise information to all audiences through a variety of media to enable effective business decisions - Moderately Complex/Varied.
• Provide input and make budgetary recommendations regarding staffing and equipment - Moderate impact.
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and collaboration skills.
• Strong organization skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up.
• Extensive experience in a production IBM and/or NetApp Storage environment supporting business critical applications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Operations will include 24x7 on-call systems support.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
• Experience with IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) in a large enterprise deployment
• Experience and certifications with IBM Storage technologies – IBM Flash, IBM Storwize, and IBM COS in a multi Petabyte environment
• Knowledge and experience with Storage and Backup data replication solutions for disaster recovery and high availability
Valid Through: 2019-10-17