Job Title : Storage Consultant
Location : Alpharetta, GA / Cincinnati, OH
Mode of interview : Telephonic/ Skype/ Face to Face
Detailed Job description:
· Provide day to day global operational activities for Storage and Backup/Recovery teams including administering storage array architecture,
SAN infrastructure, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Enterprise Backup/Restore, Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) and Archival and Retrieval.
· Perform all chargeback estimation, provisioning, and documentation tasks in a timely manner.
· Produce regular reports for management, to assist in cost recovery, capacity planning and consolidation.
· Assist in Data centre consolidation efforts.
· Perform H/W monitoring and maintenance.
· Troubleshoot issues related to backup integrity.
· Configure, monitor and remediate any production backups.
· Netapp, EMC (Clariion & DMX) with Netbackup Software as a backup Tool
· Working knowledge Enterprise-class Storage Hardware from EMC (Symetrix and Clarion), HDS (USP), Network Appliances (NAS Filer).
· Working knowledge of Enterprise-class Fiber Switch/Director Hardware from Cisco, Brocade, or McData required.
· Hands-on Experience with Veritas Volume Manager, Powerpath and LVM.
· Good understanding of monitoring and replication strategies (ECC, SRDF, True Copy, Tagma Store)
· Excellent experience in storage. concepts (mapping/creation, F/C Switch Configs)
· Working knowledge on Veritas Netbackup Administration Or Tivoli Storage Manager Administration
· Familiar with IP Network, WAN and LAN free (SAN) based data backup design and configuration.
· Experience with data protection and backup recovery solutions familiarity such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication.
· Unix and/or Windows systems administration experience.
· Good understanding of OS/Application storage requirements (File System Layout and Databases)
· Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning.