Position: Storage Administrator
Location: Alpharetta, GA / Cincinnati , OH
Duration: Full-Time Permanent
To undertake implementation and support activity for storage Infrastructure which consists of EMC, Network Appliances etc., preferably a recognized Certification
Implementation activity will be in response either to development project related activity or to maintain infrastructure currency.
The storage Administrator will be a team lead whom should be efficient in handling a team.
Administrator will work closely with delivery projects with various architects assigned to the project.
The storage team also works closely with the othertechnical teams within IS Delivery, e.g. the Unix & Websphere Application Server teams.
In the support capacity the administrator will liaise with other support teams to ensure rapid resolution of production system problems and appropriate communication of progress.
- Provide day to day global operational activities for Storage and Backup/Recovery teams including administering storage array architecture,
- SAN infrastructure, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Enterprise Backup/Restore, Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM) and Archival and Retrieval.
- Perform all chargeback estimation, provisioning, and documentation tasks in a timely manner.
- Produce regular reports for management, to assist in cost recovery, capacity planning and consolidation.
- Assist in Data centre consolidation efforts.
- Perform H/W monitoring and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot issues related to backup integrity.
- Configure, monitor and remediate any production backups.
- Netapp, EMC (Clariion & DMX) with Netbackup Software as a backup Tool
- Working knowledge Enterprise-class Storage Hardware from EMC (Symetrix and Clarion), HDS (USP), Network Appliances (NAS Filer).
- Working knowledge of Enterprise-class Fiber Switch/Director Hardware from Cisco, Brocade, or McData required.
- Hands-on Experience with Veritas Volume Manager, Powerpath and LVM.
- Good understanding of monitoring and replication strategies (ECC, SRDF, True Copy, Tagma Store)
- Excellent experience in storage. concepts (mapping/creation, F/C Switch Configs)
- Working knowledge on Veritas Netbackup Administration Or Tivoli Storage Manager Administration
- Familiar with IPNetwork, WAN and LANfree (SAN) based data backup design and configuration.
- Experience with data protection and backup recovery solutions familiarity such as using virtual tape, disk to disk to tape, data replication.
- Unix and/or Windows systems administrationexperience.
- Good understanding of OS/Application storage requirements (File System Layout and Databases)
- Experience in System Fault Tolerance Design, Business continuity and Disaster recovery planning.