Storage Admin Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Support and manage SAN/NAS storage and networking resources (e.g. LUN masking, zoning and storage array configuration changes).
* Participate in implementation of improvements to existing production storage environments.
* Support and manage SAN/NAS reporting, monitoring and management infrastructure.
* Global support of SAN/NAS infrastructures.
* Strong documentation skills in the use of PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
* Create and resolve change controls and support tickets.
* Participate and manage IT related projects as required.
* Expert in SAN management.
* Ability to manage SAN/NAS infrastructure.
* Ability to provision storage and SAN resources, diagnose application connectivity and performance issues, and capacity plan the infrastructure.
* Strong Knowledge of EMC Symmetrix/DMX.
* Strong knowledge of EMC Symmetrix/DMX hardware and management platforms.
* Strong knowledge of technologies including Powerpath, TimeFinder and and SRDF.
* Working knowledge of EMC management platforms e.g. ControlCenter, StorageScope, SYMCLI, SymOptimizer and Connectrix Manager.
* Network Appliance technology expert including strong knowledge of FAS platform and OnTAP 7G.
* Strong working knowledge of pertinent protocols i.e. CIFS, NFS, FCP, iSCSI.
* Strong working knowledge of critical technologies e.g.Snapshot/Restore, SnapMirror, SnapVault, FlexClone, SnapLock, Multistore, FlexShare, SnapDrive, Operations Manager.
* Knowledge of SnapManager for Exchange, SnapManager for SQL and SnapManager for Oracle.
* Ability to support filer environment and related technologies.
* Must possess strong SAN switching skills.
* Strong working knowledge of director and departmental class switches specifically Brocade 48K & 5k Series, and Mcdata 140M & 4000 Series
* Capable of managing SAN topologies e.g. ISLs, zoning and FCIP.
* Strong working knowledge of VERITAS NetBackup 5.1 and higher
*Experience: 4 -8Years