As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Leads group underwriting function to achieve company group underwriting objectives Has authority to approve large customers and provides input on strategy and policy for the Stop Loss underwriting function.
- Implement group underwriting policies and procedures. Ensure compliance.
- Manage group underwriters to ensure consistency in the evaluation of risk for Stop Loss insurance product. Provides coaching and mentoring to team for the following:
- Analyze data such as financial condition of the client company, characteristics of employee groups, participation percentage, type of industry, or past claim experience to determine benefits and rates.
- Ensure proper pricing and appropriate funding methods.
- Coordinate underwriting activities on proposals, new cases, renewals, and amendments.
- Ensure that the company can administer the client’s proposed benefit plan design and funding method.
- Develop and maintain relationships with field personnel and clients by answering general questions and obtaining information on which to base decisions.
- Document and communicate decisions to necessary areas in the division. Review cases exceeding underwriter’s review level.
- Hire, train and develop staff to achieve group underwriting objectives. Provides regular feedback to underwriters and prepares and delivers performance appraisals.
- Develop and maintain department budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10+ years underwriting experience including management/supervisory experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.