This career specialist gathers relevant assets from internal databases, develops content, selects and modifies existing InDesign templates for use, and project manages the production of both proposals and reports directed to prospective and existing Compassion supporters.
This position maintains key relationships with Compassion's donor development managers, and acts in a customer service role to help strategize best creative approach to proposals used to engage church partners and reports to retain their partnership. T
he specialist generally creates proposals and related projects independently and, at times, can participate as a team member for major, complex or international marketing initiatives. He or she may coach and oversee the work of other specialists.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion's ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ's mandate to protect children. Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children. Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances. Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need. Reports and appropriately supports responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
- Designs and develops multi-faceted conventional and unconventional funding proposals and packages in response to ongoing and critical needs (HIV/AIDS, disaster, major medical, water, infrastructure, etc.) as well as general funding needs in Compassion Connect. Uniquely tailors such packages for donor development partners, understands the unique relationship types and utilizes varied approaches to fund raising to achieve the best opportunities for each donor development audience, leading them to deeper engagement.
- Develops partnerships with cross-functional teams within Compassion to foster and strengthen vendor and client relationships through the delivery of high quality proposal materials, reports, and special-request deliverables. Facilitates the proposal process from request to completion and ensures timely delivery.
- Designs and creates stewardship reports ensuring that the report information correlates with the proposal, reconciling any differences between the report and the agreed-upon proposal. Also researches and provides supplemental information in response to questions concerning proposals and stewardship reports.
- Facilitates and monitors the disbursement of large gifts to ensure funds are appropriately applied and spent according to proposal and agreed-upon timeline. Further, ensures the facilitation of projects funded by major donors and mid-level donors, churches, corporate groups or foundations.
- Ensures that the department's proposal and reporting database is accurate (Salesforce).
- May coach and provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the proposals discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Seven years' professional experience working in communications, marketing, public relations, or similar field.