Develops difficult statistical analysis using standard reporting, AD HOC reporting, and data mining tools in order to identify patterns and trends. Prepares charts, illustrations, and other graphics and narrative reports to identify and explain data findings.
- 30% Develops, maintains, and executes complex database programs for the extraction and presentation of data for standard and ad hoc reporting. Creates supporting documentation outlining all procedures within scope of responsibility.
- 15% Develops complex sampling design and/or execution methodology for sample selection.
- 15% Develops difficult statistical analysis using standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, and data mining tools. Provides sophisticated data interpretation, compilation, and verification to guide departmental efforts.
- 10% Prepares charts, illustrations, and other graphics and narrative reports to identify and explain patterns and trends.
- 10% Participates in writing of articles suitable for internal/external publication to support departmental efforts. May assume a leadership role in this activity.
- 10% Provides assistance in development of project plans and system life cycle maintenance, performing quality checks on relational database tables, and in the development of focused end-user applications.
- 10% With leadership responsibilities as assigned by management, participates in development of change requests and testing plans for changes to existing relational database tables. Researches new sources of data and provides written and/or verbal feedback to management.
Required Work Experience:
- 4 years statistical programming or statistical interpretation.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree Statistics/Biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or other job related field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, customer service, and analytical skills.
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical or statistical concepts.
- Relevant computer programming skills
Software and Other Tools:
Preferred Work Experience:
- 5 years experience with statistical practices.
- 5 years established software and relational database experience . (may be concurrent)