Works effectively as part of a project team (which may include an investigator, biostatistician and programmer) providing expertise related to data collection, database development, data management, programming, statistical analysis and presentation of data. Designs and applies standard computer programs for statistical data collection, analysis, evaluation and graphical presentation. Creates customized computer programs for general use and specific projects utilizing statistical applications (e.g. SAS, R/ S-PLUS, Stata) in a PC and/or mainframe environment. Develops and maintains code for emerging statistical techniques in one or more of these languages. Demonstrates ability in areas of biostatistics, epidemiology and general research and/or database management while working on several projects, or several aspects of one project.
- Conducts data management.
- Assembles data from multiple sources, resolves data problems and performs general data management tasks, including data integrity checks, query reports, and case selections using data control, definition and manipulations with considerable supervision and/or mentoring.
- Demonstrates nominal ability to work with data from multiple platforms.
- Begins to understand the statistical analysis implications of case report forms design and databasedesign.
- Develops, writes, documents and tests basic statistical programs given the parameters and/or someone's sample code.
- Reviews, receives and cross-checks code from a more senior individual.
- Demonstrates basic ability to interpret biostatistics, epidemiological or general research results with considerable supervision and/or mentoring.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing to other team members.
- Reviews and revises data from outside communications.
- Masters Level Candidates: Masters in computer science, statistics, epidemiology, or related field.
- Bachelors Level Candidates: BS in related field with 3-5 years of experience.
- Demonstrates ability in data management and to draft basic statistical programs.
- Experience in the use of standard statistical packages necessary.
- Knowledge of SAS or S-PLUS/R is required. Knowledge of SQL, Oracle or other relational databasepreferred.
- Beginning understanding of basic medical terminology.
- Demonstrates basic ability to interpret biostatistics, epidemiological or general research results.
- Prior experience in a health care research environment is desirable.
- Good organization, communication and time management skills are essential.
- Effective communication skills: fluent in English, sound writing skills, and ability to clearly communicate information both orally and in writing.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the Foundation and to function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilitie