The NISC III program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking a Statistical Data Analyst to work on payroll systems related to Payroll Automation, Analysis and Reporting support specializing in Tableau and InfoPath/SharePoint platforms for the FAA customer.
In this role, you will collaborate with various IT Team members and related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
You will also will assist other team members Capture business requirements and rules, design the associated logical models, and create all required documentation to support, communicate, and validate the data model.
Other duties include:
- Analyzing actual and predictable, interacting, operational activities of systems to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision-making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques
- Devising modeling and measuring techniques, and utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.) and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines to investigate complex issues, identify, and solve problems, and aid better decision making
- Applying and/or developing highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories, and concepts to assist organizations in advancing performance and operating more efficiently
- Assisting in addressing requirements and the evaluation of data assessment strategies: sampling, statistical analysis, evaluation, flow processing, and management assessment strategies
- Developing cost-benefit analysis, data collection, data analysis, risk analysis, simulation model execution, economic analysis, and operational effectiveness studies
- Delivery of innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet changing business needs
- Assisting in the planning of programs and recommending technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives
- Use a thorough understanding of cyberspace doctrine, policies, operations, and organizations
- Exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness during the conduct of research and development and preparation of documents, briefings, and analyses which may include narrative, tabular, and graphic materials
- Interpreting policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives and applying operations research principles and techniques to complex analytic needs
- Analyzing, reports, and developing recommendations on data related to complex operational metrics
- Acting independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering or related and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience with Statistical data analysis, mathematical modeling, operations research analysis.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work, unsupervised.
- Good communication and writing skills;
- Ability to document and explain technical details and issues clearly to non-technical individuals and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Civil Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job #: R-00003196