The Senior Statistical Analyst leads data management and analysis team involved in querying, extracting, managing and analyzing multiple, complex datasets ensuring data integrity, quality, and timeliness of results. Oversees the deployment of reporting and analytical solutions. Serves on related committees and task forces.
Under the direction of the principal investigator, incumbent identifies and conducts appropriate data management and statistical analysis for sponsored and non-sponsored research projects, coordinates and mediates with senior researchers on statistical issues, actively participates in publication and presentation of results both in support and as a lead author. This position implements data management structures as necessary.
- Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
- Provides consultation to customers on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
- Collaborates with technical staff explaining needs of functional users.
- Designs and prepares documentation for data management and/or data analyses.
- Performs descriptive analyses for clients.
- Creates data tables and graphs.
- Writes reports for presentation and publication.
- Presents results at internal/external meetings.
- Manages research and analysis using several databases and/or data tables.
- Determines appropriate sources of data based on requests.
- Designs and writes programs for data entry, data editing, data management, periodic reporting, and quality control monitoring and statistical analyses.
- Prepares and analyzes reports/data
- Extracts required data.
- Determines and coordinates the completion of statistical analyses using appropriate applications.
- Develops and tests reports and analysis.
- Identifies and work with data stewards to resolve data conflicts
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 6 years' data analysis/report writing or similar experience.
- Experience with SAS programming language.
- Analytical skills including critical thinking, data mining, data modeling data warehouse design/develop, database design/ data structure.
- Project Code documentation collaboration and teamwork, cost/benefit analysis, evaluate resources, organizational skills, planning workflow development & documentation.
- Proficient with SAS and/or STATA.
- Background in research methodology.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Successfully works on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Successful completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health or a related field or the equivalent combination and experience in statistics, data management and statistical data processing from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Experience in research-related programming, data management and statistical data processing.
- Experience with data management and analysis of administrative data, particularly Medicare claims data.
- More than 5 years of experience in research-related programming, data management and statistical data processing ' specifically with Medicare data.
- Experience writing scientific manuscripts.
Job ID 32924