The Statistical Analyst partners with clients to design, develop, implement and maintain business solutions regarding data management and analysis. This includes database administration, data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting. This position utilizes software to generate metrics and develops actionable recommendations. The Statistical Analyst collaborates with various function teams such as marketing, research, and IT to achieve business results.
The Division of Biostatistics of the Department of Preventive Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine (FSM) is recruiting a Master's-level biostatistician to join a highly collegial, expanding academic environment. Responsibilities will include collaboration with biostatistics and medical social sciences faculty investigators on the analysis of clinical end points, patient reported outcomes data and electronic medical record data for a newly funded clinical trial investigating symptom self-monitoring strategies for cancer patients. Work will be conducted under the direction of a doctoral-level biostatistician (faculty). Duties may include data management involved in querying, extracting, managing and analyzing multiple, complex datasets ensuring data integrity, quality, and timeliness of results. Duties will also include statistical analysis of data for multiple projects. Responsibilities include the deployment of reporting and analytical solutions, and communication of results to investigators. Level of appointment and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience and education.
- Strategic Planning
- Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
- Provides consultation to customers on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
- Assist in development of statistical analysis plans.
- Develops and maintains documentation of process for quality assurance and reporting methodology.
- Maintains study databases; runs ad hoc queries and analyses.
- Cleans and organizes data in preparation for analysis.
- Prepares and edits data summaries on a weekly basis.
- Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex statistical analysis.
- Determines data structure for local datasets.
- Develops and documents standards for data quality and regulatory compliance pertaining to reporting.
- Perform range, logic and consistency checks, reporting errors when necessary.
- Prepare analysis programs and reports to monitor data accrual and quality.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years data analysis/report writing or similar experience required.
- Additional qualifications:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook).
- Shell Scripting; R.
- Critical Thinking; Data Modeling;Database design/ data structure;Debugging; Decision making;Judgment; Problem Solving;Troubleshooting.
- Code documentation ;Collaboration and team work; Organizational Skills;Planning;Workflow development & document.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- COW - Communicates effectively one-to-one, or in small groups.
- PRS - Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to writing clean, well-documented code.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently accomplish specific responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Master’s degree in biostatistics or statistics; or equivalent level of education or experience.
- Proficiency with R programming for data management and analysis.
- Proficiency work in high-performance computing environment.
- Proficiency with Python and/or SAS in addition to R.
- Proficiency in REDCap – preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in database design – preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in R markdown, knitR, or LaTex – preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of medical/institutional research procedures.
- Experience with Github- preferred but not required.
- Experience with SQL or similar – preferred but not required.
Job ID 35047