Stationary Equipment Engineer - Global Projects & Engineering
Req Id 62205
This position will function as a corporate Subject Matter Expert in the area of piping and pressurized process equipment used in petrochemical and refining facilities. This position will focus on Major Project support, engaging and supporting project teams to effectively execute projects from an owner/operator perspective. The individual must have the technical leadership and judgment to assess complex technical issues then develop and communicate executable solutions. In addition, the candidate may lead one or more company-wide technology related improvement programs and own one or more company standards in his/her field of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineeringwith a minimum of 8years of experience working as a mechanical engineer in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries.
- Strong knowledge of pressure equipment and application of industry standards such as ASME, ANSI, ASTM and API as they apply to design, analysis, procurement, re-rating and alteration of pressure equipment.
- Strong stationary equipment experiencesupporting all facets of major projects.
- Broad exposure to a variety of equipment and life cycle issues including specification, design, construction, inspection and repair.
- Specialization in one or more of the following subjects is a plus: hot taps and working on live equipment, valves (selection, design, and repair), pipe stress analysis, FEA, project support, or FFS.
- Familiarity with at least one computer program for pressure equipment design including piping flexibility analysis and have a general understanding of finite element stress analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical specifications, procedures and other technical documents.
- Ability to function with minimal guidance and to successfully manage multiple/changing priorities across multiple sites/functional areas.
- Capable of clear and concise verbal and written communication.