State Tax Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Security Services
Leading Fortune 500 International Company headquartered in Jupiter, FL is currently hiring a seasoned State Tax Manager with STRONG experience in multi-state income tax, sales tax and use tax and proficiency in Vertex, PTMS, and Corptax.
The State Tax Manager will be responsible for compliance and return preparation for a multi-entity group in the areas of sales & use tax, property tax, annual reports and income tax.
The position should have an excellent working knowledge of multi state taxlaw and compliance requirements in the areas of sales & use, property, and income/franchise tax including apportionment and book/tax differences for tax minimization within the confines of the law.
The position also requires advanced knowledge of excel and automation techniques to maximize productivity and the flow of information. Additional responsibilities include state tax research, negotiating state taxaudits for minimum adverse effect, and working with personnel to resolve open items and compliance.
- Prepare Sales and Use tax returns: Analyze general ledger accounts, Vertex software, and compute and prepare sales and use tax returns and deposits for each jurisdiction
- Prepare property tax returns: Analyze general ledger, and fixed asset system, and prepare property tax renditions and submission of returns and payments to each jurisdiction
- Prepare State/City and Franchise income tax returns in all states: Analyze general ledger, Federal return, and compute all book tax differences and apportionment to arrive at correct state income tax compliance amounts, return preparation, filing, and payments to each jurisdiction
- Administer state taxaudits from start to finish: experience with dealing with state tax examiners and negotiating the minimum amount of adverse effect or tax
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Taxes, or a related field
- Minimum of 5years of experience in state tax disciplines including preparation of sales & use tax, and corporate state tax returns, tax research, consulting and state compliance
- Must have a thorough understanding of multi State taxlaws
- Experience with preparing other ancillary corporate federal returns including forms 1042S and 1099
- Experience and/or proficiency with Vertex (sales/use), PTMS (property), and Corptax
- Must have knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Internal Revenue Code (IRC), and State taxlaw
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills
- In-depth knowledge of spreadsheet functionality, queries, and tax programs
All potential new hires must submit to a pre-employment drug test and extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks, if applicable