COUNTRY Financial is seeking a State Product Manager to join the personal lines team. With state management still a relatively new area in the organization, this position will be developing critical partnerships and the analytics needed to drive profitable growth within our 19 states. Be a leader and a voice in building a 'Big P' state product organization within a company dedicated to winning at a local market level.
This role is accountable for product premium volume growth and profitability results within assigned state(s). Geographic area depends on population size and market/regulation characteristics. Manages relationship of every aspect of assigned product through interaction with relevant departments, such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, Client Service, and outside contracts (agents, regulators and industry groups). Develops action plans and strategic direction for functional areas and maintains alignment with product managers to ensure successful development of the entire product line for assigned state(s). Participates in the analysis, maintenance, implementation, and development of products and programs, including pricing, procedures, research, and underwriting to support Product Management leadership with the continued development of profitable growth. Files changes with the department of insurance anticipating potential questions from the department and providing adequate information with the initial filing.
- Drive the successful development of new products and the effective management and enhancement of existing products by making recommendations regarding product design, pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, claims and other processes.
- Ensures overall goals for production and underwriting profitability are met by analyzing premium rates, loss experience and retention. Monitors the mix of business in assigned state(s), identifying changes in the mix and reasons for those changes.
- In conjunction with marketing, develops assigned state(s) business profit and growth strategies and translates business ideas and market opportunities into new product ideas by researching and maintaining awareness of all major competitors' current market positions (i.e., rates, service levels, financial positions and operating strategies), business directions, financial dynamics, and new technologies.
- Communicates and coordinates key profit metrics by coordinating with the IT department to ensure proper implementation of rate revisions, new products, new product features, and other initiatives; develops working relationships with Accounting, Actuarial, Claims, Client Service and IT.
- History of constructive dissatisfaction that have resulted in positive change.
- Proven analytical strength and problem-solving experience.
- Dynamic communicator that shows an ability to adjust to both the audience, situation, and objective.
- Experience identifying and delivering holistic solutions through multiyear state strategic roadmaps.
- Exhibits urgency to deliver results today while positioning for tomorrow.
- Track record of coaching/mentoring others.
- Typically Requires:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of product management or related experience OR,
- Master's degree and at least 6 years of product management or related experience OR,
- At least 10 years of product management or related experience.
- At least 1 year of lead experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.