At COUNTRY Financial, our State Product Manager is accountable for product premium volume growth and profitability results within 19 states. Geographic area depends on population size and market/regulation characteristics. Manages relationship of every aspect of assigned State(s) through interaction with relevant departments, such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, Customer Service, and outside contacts (agents, regulators and industry groups). Develops action plans and strategic direction for functional areas and maintains alignment with product managers to ensure successful development of the entire product line. Participates in the analysis, maintenance, implementation, and development of products and programs, including pricing, procedures, research, and underwriting to support Product Management leadership with the continued development of profitable growth.
- In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, develops and implements State profit and growth strategies.
- Ensures overall goals for production and underwriting profitability are met by analyzing key metrics such as sales conversion rates, average premiums, loss experience, and retention; Communicates results, strategies, and action steps to senior leadership on regular basis.
- Translates business ideas and market opportunities into actions by researching and maintaining awareness of all major competitors' current market positions (i.e., rates, service levels, financial positions and operating strategies), business directions, financial dynamics, and new technologies.
- Communicates and coordinates with the IT department to ensure proper implementation of rate revisions, new products, new product features, and other initiatives; develops working relationships with Accounting, Actuarial, Claims, Customer Service and IT.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of product management or related experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 6 years of product management or related experience OR,
- At least 10 years of product management or related experience.
- At least 1 year of lead experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to influence.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Business acumen.
- Results oriented.
- Product Knowledge (Pricing, Underwriting, Contract/Coverages).
- P&C personal lines product management experience preferred.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.