State & Local Senior Tax Manager - Income / Franchise
State and Local Senior Tax Manager- Income/Franchise
Sherman Oaks, CA
Our firm is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose, they use its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services.
Here you will have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today?s complex business issues. The accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value.
As a State and Local Tax Senior Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing tax research on state and local tax matters such as tax planning, implementation, due diligence and state tax controversies with state jurisdictions.
- To be successful you will need to demonstrate strong leadership and mentorship skills.
- As a specialist in your role, you will work directly with clients, leadership and lead the tax engagement team.
- This is a dynamic opportunity to be part of a growing team and take on new challenges
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred.
- CPA or JD/LLM required
- 8-10+ years taxexperience in public accounting with a state and local tax focus.
- Possess strong research, writing skills and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Be willing to work overtime during busy season and as required.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to perform in a high-energy, dynamic environment.
- Having some review and supervisory experience is a plus, but not required.