Why Moss Adams? Moss Adams brings more West to business. At Moss Adams, we're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. With more than 3,200 professionals across 25-plus locations in the West and beyond, we provide the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
With an abundant spirit of optimism, openness, and enterprise, Moss Adams helps organizations realize greater potential. The tax specialty group (TSG) at Moss Adams is comprised of tax professionals who go beyond compliance–providing deep technical and strategic guidance to clients so they're better equipped to tackle their most vexing challenges and embrace emerging opportunity. Within TSG, the State & Local Tax team helps clients compete and succeed by staying up-to-date on the ever-changing, complex state and local tax rules. These business advisors specialize in solutions that span income tax, indirect tax, property tax, and tax controversy matters. Join one of the fastest growing groups at Moss Adams and start realizing your potential.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Provide state and local income/franchise tax consulting and related services and support to the regional offices and drive growth in the marketplace for state and local tax services
- Provide state and local tax consulting services on transactions, including due diligence, structuring and related services; candidate will assist with the growth of this practice in the regional marketplace and across the firm
- Participate and lead in business development and growth in State and Local Tax practice and Tax Specialty Group
- Provide leadership, management and supervision over professional staff
- Bachelor's degree required; emphasis in accounting, finance or related field preferred; Master's Degree in taxation or JD/LLM preferred
- CPA, bar membership or equivalent credential required
- Minimum of 7 years of related tax experience required; public accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on state and local tax issues required; creative problem solver
- SALT M&A experience preferred. Ideal candidate possesses strong leadership and skill sets to work with our Transaction Services practice virtually and excels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment across multiple states and functional areas of expertise.
- Previous experience handling multiple engagements simultaneously, while providing leadership and management over professional staff required
- Experience in state and local government revenue department a plus
- Experience with multi-state income, sales/use, gross receipts, property, employment or other miscellaneous state and local taxes a plus
- Prior success in leading key business development, project delivery and practice development activities preferred
- Demonstrate success to the firm around practice development, providing thought leadership and meeting target sales goals by having an established network and participating in various market facing activities, such as industry presentations, webcasts, professional networking events, etc.
- Experience in serving mid-market clients preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and have experience in managing multiple client engagements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%
Here, you'll be challenged and rewarded for leadership, technical excellence, and inspired perspectives. That's why we offer opportunities to build your skills and explore your career in a supportive environment. At Moss Adams, where you take your career is up to you.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.