Why Moss Adams? Moss Adams brings more West to business. We're excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. With more than 3,200 professionals across 25-plus locations in the West and beyond, Moss Adams provides the world's most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
With an abundant spirit of optimism, openness, and enterprise, Moss Adams helps organizations realize greater potential. The tax specialty group (TSG) at Moss Adams is comprised of tax professionals who go beyond compliance–providing deep technical and strategic guidance to clients so they're better equipped to tackle their most vexing challenges and embrace emerging opportunity. Within TSG, the State & Local Tax team helps clients compete and succeed by staying up-to-date on the ever-changing, complex state and local tax rules. These business advisors specialize in solutions that span income tax, indirect tax, property tax, and tax controversy matters. Join one of the fastest growing groups at Moss Adams and start realizing your potential.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Assist with management of clients and their needs
- Perform technical review and analysis of multistate sales, use, and gross receipts tax issues such as nexus, apportionment, taxability, and state credits
- Assist with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to tax planning, nexus studies, voluntary disclosure applications, audit defense, and penalty abatement
- Analyze taxpayer data and be able to identify opportunities for prospects and clients
- Keep up to date on state and local tax law changes
- Participate in business development activities as needed
- Develop internal relationships within the firm and help grow external branding
- Bachelor's degree required; emphasis in accounting, finance or related field preferred; Master's Degree in taxation or JD/LLM preferred
- CPA and/or licensed attorney strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of related tax experience required; public accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on state and local tax issues required
- Previous experience working with state or local tax authorities preferred
- Experience in state and local government revenue department preferred
- Experience training and supervising Staff and Seniors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and have experience in managing multiple client engagements
- Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10%