State and Local Tax Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This role requires tax consulting on state and local tax projects, so strong technical skills are vital.
This Manager will be responsible for:
? performing tax research and working with clients on state and local tax matters including tax planning and implementation
? tax due diligence
? state tax controversies with state jurisdictions
? preparation and technical review of corporate and pass-through entity state income/franchise tax returns
? state tax matters related to FAS 109 and FIN 48
? assistance in client management and practice development activities
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 4+ years taxexperience in public accounting with a state and local tax focus
- CPA required
- State income/franchise tax consulting and compliance experiencerequired
- Review and supervisory experiencerequired
- Ability to manage multi-state income tax compliance projects
- Must possess strong research and writing skills and possess strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Must be willing to work overtime during busy season and as required.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to perform in a high-energy, fast paced environment.
- Possess an understanding of sales and use tax, property tax, and credits and incentives is a plus
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, RIA, Go-System software, CCH and RIA Checkpoint desired