Where you fit:
Are you the one who likes to create the ultimate game plan and then execute it flawlessly? Can you dynamically adapt to unforeseen changes yet continue driving toward your goal? Do you like creating strategies and plans to completely own your territory? Revel in the thrill of victory and driven even harder by the agony of defeat? The one who wants the ball when the game is on the line because you are confident in your ability to deliver? If this describes you, then you are an ideal candidate for the State Strategic Account Executive.
The State Strategic Account Executive is tasked with growing and expanding agencies who are already clients within a State, ensuring they are maximizing the value they derive from Accela Solutions purchased, but also developing and securing net new Agencies, Commission, Bureaus and Boards who are currently not using an Accela product. Do you have the ability to lead teams you assemble around your objective who can help you achieve your goals? Are you the coach who relentlessly prepares your team for victory and accepts responsibility when they are not? Accela has great products and services, great leadership and a focus on being the best in the industry. With your focus and expertise, together we will excel and achieve significant growth. Growth brings opportunity, so come invest with us!
If you thrive in a rapid growth, rapid change environment where the world of possibilities motivates you to ever greater things, then we have the environment for you.
Impact you will make in the role (Responsibilities):
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Create and communicate your Strategic Plan for the State with regular updates
- Actively drive lobbyist activity to achieve Company and your goals
- Lead and motivate your selected team to accomplish specific sales objectives
- Establish cadence of meetings with the State to ensure high client satisfaction
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers in the State
- Develop an understanding of business issues and opportunities in order to create a high value proposal focused on delivering their desired outcomes
- Lead and contribute to RFP responses
- Lead the development of account plans, opportunity strategy plans and periodic account reviews
- Own your pipeline to ensure long term, consistent performance in quarterly/annual quota achievement
- Ability to accurately forecast opportunities for a rolling 12-month cycle
- Facilitate discussions internally and externally relative to customer coordination as well as prospect/sales campaign coordination
- Maintain and grow revenue within the state by selling and cross-selling our solutions into new departments
- Provide proactive customer communication on product roadmap, delivery, and support initiatives
Expertise you will bring in (Skills and Qualifications):
- 7+ years of experience selling enterprise wide solutions (both software and services) to local government agencies or the private sector. State Government experience a plus.
- Industry domain knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to achieve set goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated success in aligning Accela value propositions to buyer needs
- Understanding of project delivery and coordination with delivery teams
- Prior RFP response skills
- Ability to travel in excess of 50%
- Strategic Account management experience a plus