Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, results-oriented field marketer to join our Americas Marketing team. The Startup Field Marketing Manager will own our regional startup audience marketing strategy and execution—creating, delivering, and optimizing differentiated field marketing programs and experiences that engage and educate startup organizations on how to be successful with Stripe. The ideal candidate has an unbridled passion for startups and for helping startup founders hone their strategy and scale their business. As an early member of the Americas Marketing team, this is a great opportunity to build and have an impact on the business.
- Work in close partnership with Global Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and the Startup Sales and Partnerships team to develop and execute our startup audience field marketing programs to drive awareness and adoption of Stripe across an audience of startup Founders, CxOs, and developers
- Develop and deliver marketing programs with and through our VC, Accelerator, and Incubator ecosystem—including defining marketing activations tailored to specific business models in their portfolios
- Build and execute startup audience focused field events, including 3P events, webinars, roundtables, and workshops
- Build and execute mid- and lower-funnel regional marketing programs to accelerate leads and opportunities through the funnel, and generate pipeline and revenue in partnership with the sales organization
- Partner closely with Sales to enable efficient prospecting and lead follow up through programmatic approaches
- Refine and document the workings of our field marketing programs and events alongside the team, helping us scale our program across the globe
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 8+ years of relevant B2B field marketing experience, including experience executing events and demand generation programs and campaigns
- Proven track record defining and executing field marketing programs and events that drive new customer acquisition and pipeline generation outcomes
- Experience partnering with and curating high-value experiences for hyper-growth, time-starved startup founders
- Experience working in both digital and in-person event environments, with in-depth knowledge incorporating event experiences into the buyer’s journey to generate demand
- Experience working closely with Sales teams, including joint planning and execution, driving disciplined lead follow up, and earning trust as a strategic business partner
- Solid understanding of lead management and sales funnel management
Nice to haves:
- Experience marketing to the startup audience and familiarity with the startup ecosystem
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to flex in a fast-paced environment
- Superb organization and project management skills and the capacity to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Proven leadership capability and effectiveness working collaboratively and cross functionally
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to craft actionable insights from complex data