Fetch is a Madison, Wisconsin-based technology company located in the heart of downtown Madison. Our company currently provides two mobile applications in the mobile grocery market - Shop Fetch and Fetch Rewards - in both the Android and iOS platforms. The mission of Fetch is to provide easy access to the information and technology necessary for people to enjoy every stage in the life of food (inspiration, planning, purchasing, preparation, and of course ... eating). Founded in 2013 and growing, Fetch is looking for a Data Scientist to help us change the grocery shopping experience.
The Data Scientist will work closely with the VP of Analytics to ensure our projects are successfully implemented. They will partner with the Client Service teams to help create Analytical Solutions that help our clients get rich insights from our unique data repositories that include Fetch app usage data, shopper transaction data and other shopper / product dimensions. They will be a key member of our analytics team, conceptualizing and carrying out analyses that demonstrate the data’s value and building algorithms that elevate the platform. Success in this role requires a driven problem-solver that is prepared to design and develop solutions.
- Create R/Python programming modules for custom insights required by our clients. Leverage statistical analysis to understand what is “acceptable” versus “outliers”.
- Drive actionable insights from data and present them through client-facing Tableau and/or Microsoft Powerpoint in a compelling manner
- Contribute to Data Exploration needed to enhance the cleanliness and effectiveness of our data sources
- Create well documented coding and analytics packets to ensure reusability as the team expands.
- Contribute to Analytics Data Management by understanding and implementing the right level of summary tables needed to answer repeated business questions, working off Big Data platforms like Spark, AWS, etc.
SKILLS WE BELIEVE YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Programming skills in form of R and/or Python, SQL. Concise and organized programming skills will be highly valuable
- Familiarity with the works of Spark, AWS S3 will be valuable
- Familiarity with the Retail/CPG/Shopper domain and data will be a plus
- Familiarity with Tableau or experience with any other visualization tool will be useful
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.