The Staffing Specialist will manage and/or assist in the recruiting cycle and onboarding process for various positions across the firm.
- Manage or assist in determining staffing needs based on job function
- Drafts job postings and updates job descriptions, and obtains necessary approvals
- Selects the optimum recruitment channel and recruitment source
- Screens resumes, schedule and/or interview candidates
- Administer appropriate skill assessments during interview process
- Conduct reference checks, process and track background checks
- Stratifies candidate pool and makes hiring recommendations
- Deliver employment offer with benefits, compensation, etc.
- Enters candidates into the Applicant Tracking System
- Explores market best practices and implements appropriate practices in the organization
- Builds/maintains relationships with internal customers and external recruitment agencies
- Monitors and appropriately manages the costs of the recruitment process
- Uses social media communication strategy for various job postings
- Monitors labor legislation and recommends required changes to keep process compliant
- Updates salary benchmarking for positions and make compensation recommendations
- Work with Human Resources department to carry out essential functions as needed
- Provide support with onboarding and orientation of all new hires
- Assists with other functional areas of HR as requested.
- Enhances own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs and other HR projects as needed/available.
- Participates in professional organizations and reading of current literature.
- Understands and complies with all applicable Firm policies, procedures, values and philosophies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience required.
- Requires at least 5 years of recruiting experience.
- Must have experience with staffing processes and possess strong interviewing skills.
- Familiarity with recruiting in a law firm environment a plus.
- Advanced PC skills – Word, Outlook, Excel,.
- Knowledge of ATS and HRIS a plus
- Excellent social media knowledge and skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excels in organizing, planning, communicating, decision-making and negotiation.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse personalities throughout operational groups and various professional levels.
- Excellent client service and listening skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Exercises sound independent judgment under minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work independently as well as coordinate with a team.
- Military experience a plus