The HRTechnology organization is a highly skilled and passionate team that explores new ways to leverage our data as a strategic asset. Through hands-on initiatives with our business partners we contribute to the company’s customer experience, revenue and profitability. Our team is looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual contributor well versed in web development technologies and fluent in Agile.
What you’ll do:
As a member of a group with broad business impact, you will work directly with counterparts in the Incentives Administration organization and HRTechnology in support of Schwab’s compensation applications. You will also work to uncover and define new needs, find appropriate solutions, and ensure implementation and delivery within specified timeframes.
- Develop and code based on the “How” as defined by the technical team lead for both Web based applications as well as database functions.
- Work closely with fellowdevelopers to determine sizing and effort of user stories; code user story tasks as defined by Senior Development Team Members.
- Be committed to Agile Methodology.
- As a developer you will be a self-driven individual contributor; provide efficiently organized and designed logic; be highly-motivated and well versed in developing easily maintainable applications.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related practical experience
- 3 years+ of professional experience in software development with experience in at least one modern programming language such as ASP.Net MVC (C# preferred for this opportunity) and/or Database development (Teradata preferred).
- Proficient Level skills in at least 5 of the following technologies from both categories
- Category B: SQL Development, Informatica, Cloud Computing, Teradata, NoSQL, ETL
- Ability to fully support most development phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented analytical, troubleshooter and problem-solver.
- Experience in building customer-facing interfaces and business-critical systems
- Experience with agile methodology and being a part of a scrum team.
- Experience tuning and maximizing performance of application and understanding of patterns and practices.
- Ability to contribute to application and platform architecture and design.
- All aspects of testing (unit, functional, integration, end-to-end), production implementation and support
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life