Staff VP Enterprise National Contracting II
Responsible for leading provider contracting, recruitment, strategic initiatives and building strong relationships with key national providers (including large scale national hospitals and/or health systems, national physician organizations, and/or national provider networks that span a broad geography.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and participates in the development of growth strategies and retention initiatives for the Enterprise. Executes Cost of Care actions to deliver on budgeted target.
- Drives provider collaboration and engagement.
- Ensures compliance with CMS guidelines and HIPAA compliance.
- Manages admin budget within target.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Leadership – Demonstrated ability to perform successfully as a leader of other leaders, teams and cross-functional groups. The successful executive will build the framework and environment to support our business in achieving human capital goals and support long-term growth to enable business success. Building a strong, deep and highly functioning teams is a requirement.
Promote Anthem mission and culture – Demonstrated success in building and leading successful teams with a culture that is committed to execution, collaboration, communication and a positive growth and learning environment for our associates. The application of regular coaching, timely performance management and active mentoring.
- Position Anthem as the preferred strategic partner with key health systems and providers
- Align provider solutions priorities to overall Enterprise strategy to unite the business.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and a collaborative approach across all line of business.
- Position Anthem as best in class cost structure.
- Provide balanced advocacy in support of the enterprise.
- Requires a BA/BS degree; 12+ years of related experience with progressive responsibility working with large and complex health systems that span across multiple states; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Master's degree preferred.
- Progressive responsibility and leadership experience in network contracting working with health systems and/or post-acute providers.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in building and maintaining strategic relationships with key health systems and providers, narrow networks and other joint ventures.
- Experience with multiple types of reimbursement methodologies from fee for service through capitation (including Value Based Program contracting and management).
- Successful management experience with a demonstrated record of hiring and developing direct reports and extended leadership teams..
- Experience in both Commercial and Government business in a health care related field required.
- Network contracting and relationship development on both carrier and provider side ideal.
- Proven success as an executive, collaborating with other executives and leaders.
- Display personal agility to work across a wide array of businesses and stakeholders to develop the credibility to achieve results.
- Ability to travel is required (approx. 30%-40%).