Compass is building an agent-centric real estate platform that helps agents and consumers effectively work with one another to buy and sell homes. We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded UX research lead to help us take our research practice to the next level. As a Staff UX Researcher at Compass you will be responsible for leading all user research in the growing area of Search and Listings while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned UX Researcher with multiple years of experience leading research for complex cross-functional products in both, B2B and B2C environments.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop and implement overall research strategy and processes for the area of focus.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers to prioritize research initiatives and user studies in a faced paced, rapidly growing environment
- Activate research findings throughout the product and engineering organization through written reports and oral presentations.
- Act as a coach and mentor, conducting research as well as leading other researchers toward innovative and creative thinking when approaching research challenges
- Conduct and create impact from hands-on research
- Identify gaps in the overall UX research strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
What We Look For:
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field; MA/MS or higher is a plus
- 7+ years of work experience in UX Research or related applied research setting (preferably within product development)
- 3+ years experience of being a lead researcher on large products
- Experience with and understanding of a range of industry-standard UX research methods and techniques as well as knowledge of when and how to apply those methods during different phases of the product development process
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy in for your ideas
- Extensive experience providing research and insights leading to compelling and quality interfaces
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization