Are you interested in complex technology that enables the world to have leading edge electronic devices. Would you like to contribute to the rise of enhanced cell phones, self-driving automobiles, and the internet of things. Well, the photons created by Cymer's light sources are a key part of making this happen. Be a part of this driving force and join Cymer's team of deep ultraviolet (DUV) laser design engineers. This test engineer position will characterize new design concepts of modules and system features and qualify final designs for release to production and fielded systems.
As a member of the engineering team, the Staff Test Software Engineer supports research & development and manufacturing operations in the development of tests for modules, sub-systems, and the fully integrated system. Defines, designs, implements, and maintains engineering and manufacturing automated test equipment, test strategies, test software and specifications for sub-assemblies and complete systems. These are electrical, electromechanical and optical in nature. Designs and/or selects test equipment capable of implementing the tests and includes designing for real-time embedded programming of FPGA devices (such as LabVIEW Real-time using National Instruments sbRIO devices).Troubleshoots product and test equipment and qualifies test process and equipment. Completes test software requirements, specifications, designs and procedures for new products. Plans the development, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices. Releases these tests in a controlled environment and transfers knowledge to users.
- Develops and performs a wide variety of electrical, optical and mechanical test processes.
- Defines test requirements and specifications based upon design documents and user requests.
- Develop automated (LabView RealTime (embedded), Test Stand, Matlab & Python) test code to control our laser operating conditions and analyze data according to test requirements and specifications. (National Instruments SB RIO)
- Assists other test engineers for best common solutions.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined Cymer formats.
- Demonstrates the test equipment and process meets the requirements through verification testing.
- Validates test equipment design ideas by calculating stack up tolerances, providing analysis of options.
- Sets up standard optical table and diagnostic equipment according to general instructions.
- Troubleshoots and isolates problems in laboratory equipment.
- Uses sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment to test laser performance according to descriptive instructions.
- Performs optical alignment of laser systems or external diagnostic equipment based upon general instructions.
- May be assigned to a special project, such as instrument construction and alignment, working under descriptive instructions.
- Responsible for Lab safe operation.
- Collects data, analyzes it, summarizes results, and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Gathers information from drawings, specifications and design engineers necessary to develop tests and documentation.
- Hold design reviews for applications developed.
- Participates in acceptance testing the design.
- Compiles test data to demonstrate the test equipment built meets the specified requirements.
- Interfaces with system software engineers, optical engineers, algorithm and controls engineers to ensure successful software and hardware integration.
- Writes test procedures.
- Occasional travel to customer locations around the globe is required (<5%).
- Performs other duties are assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronics, Optics or Physical Sciences.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience required.
- Preferred experience in analog or digital technology and optics.
- Develops Test Software. Ability to design data acquisition & processing applications with software such as LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW, LV Test Stand, Python, and MATLAB.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Proficient at designing and running tests to evaluate power distribution, digital, analog and serial signals, and optical beam parameters.
- Requires the ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters with no direction.
- Requires the ability to use optical measurement devices such as spectrometers, spectrophotometers, imaging setups, and the etc. on a routine basis.
- Knowledge of LASERs (knowledge of excimer laser operation preferred).
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Proficient in reading and creating electrical schematics and using manufacturers' product cut sheets to select components to purchase.
- Understanding of manufacturing test, including how and what to test for production and engineering design verification.
- Ability to calculate voltage drops, tolerance stack up, acceptance criteria, fusing, cable and connector requirements.
- Ability to apply algebra, geometry, and statistics skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to use routine software applications such as MS Word and MS Excel to produce reports and graphs is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent customer service skills with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.