In this position you will oversee Manufacturing Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to Operations. This role will focus on the development of Rivian’s core factory equipment and processes. Depending on your background and interest, you could lead projects across the factory including Battery, Drive Unit, Stamping, Body-Weld, Paint, Plastics, General Assembly, and more.
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, supply chain, construction management, and others to design, integrate, and deploy custom industrial equipment.
- Manage equipment development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Build comprehensive line specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams and Operations.
- Create and maintain a development roadmap for your area.
- Collaborate with team leaders to prioritize, resource, and track progress of team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Technical Program Management team to develop the Manufacturing Engineering team’s equipment development and validation processes.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, or Industrial.
- Minimum 5 years experience in designing and launching industrial equipment into manufacturing environments. At least one launch serving as a project manager a plus.
- Experience leading design and manufacturing validation activities such as D/PFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP, etc.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing system integrators, vendors, and 3rd party resources.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills.