Job Description Summary
In this role you will manage a portfolio of applications used to enable ERP, Customer Relationship Management, New Business Intake, Project Planning & Execution, BI, Analytics & Reporting and Applications that support Research operations, including Export controls apps.
Responsible for operating in lock-step with stakeholder teams and leadership to create a clear strategic direction for development needs and conveys that vision to the build and/or operations team. Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: functional partners, product owners and DevOps.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and help organization to gain the competitive edge.
- Interacts with customers/stakeholders in VOC requirements-gathering, fine tuning, and obtaining product feedback.
- Manage and coordinate software vendors guaranteeing that all deliverables provided are aligned with agreed requirements and targets.
- Works with cross-functional teams to deliver features and major, complex products.
- Routinely collaborates with UX, Architecture and engineering teams on multiple issues and decisions.
- Conducts customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas.
- Demonstrates expert persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering teams.
- Participate in the roadmap, feature definition, planning, and life cycle for all products and services in your scope
- Owns and manages the backlog; continuously orders and prioritizes to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
- Demonstrates strategic expert level skills in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity.
- Possesses a deep understanding of the technology stack and impact on final product
- Partners with Development Leadership to ensure healthy development process
- Engage frequently with the operations and development teams; facilitates discussions, provides clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units.
- Responsible for maintaining the technical health of the products, applications, and services in your scope of work
- Manage day-to-day execution of multiple interdependent projects by working directly with cross functional team and/or performing hands on technical tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Information Technology OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Information Technology.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional project management experience.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskauyna, NY
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Ability to work with external vendors
- Experience working with others on a global basis
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Significant project management experience with PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications as a plus.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.