Not Specified years
Posted 182 days ago
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
Come join the Systems Engineering team at ServiceNow! We're a group of Linux experts who sit at the core of this large but still fast-growing company. Help us architect the technology and processes needed to sustain this growth while increasing our team efficiency and improving our service resiliency.
What you get to do in this role:
• Build software tools to automate deployment and testing of compute infrastructure
• Scale critical services such as DNS and email to support customer growth
• Apply test-driven development principles and help us move closer to our goal of continuous delivery
• Research and implement new open-source and commercial tools, technologies and methodologies
• Collaborate with peer teams who have built world class networking and orchestration solutions
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• A strong background in Linux systems architecture and engineering
• Solid working knowledge of Bash and at least one language like Ruby or Python
• Experience managing infrastructure as code
• Experience with applying a configuration management platform such as Puppet at scale
• Understanding of how to support and troubleshoot behavior of Apache/Tomcat or other Java-based applications
• Prior experience in software development or release management is highly desirable
• Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
• Candidate must be a US citizen and living on US soil.
• The candidate will need to be successfully adjudicated for a Public Trust Position or be willing to go through the Public Trust adjudication process.
• Ideally the candidate should have experience with NIST 800-53 and DoDI 8500-2 standards and FedRAMP certification compliance.