The Staff Systems Engineer applies working knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals for manned submersible system to provide guidance to the division’s engineering and design activities under the direction of a program manager. The Staff Systems Engineer will be required to interact with other OTECH personnel and guides engineering efforts to meet the client’s requirements. The Staff Systems Engineer will provide guidance to engineering design efforts through the development of systems engineering documentation, including: concepts of operations, requirements specifications, interface control documents and drawings, hazard analysis, test plans, and procedures. Qualified candidate will have an active Secret Clearance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Has provided system engineering activities on submarine and/or manned submersibles in accordance with US navy requirements such as SS800-AG-MAN-010/P-9290 and SUBSAFE System Certification Procedures
- Has provided system engineering activities in accordance with International Association of Classification Societies certification requirements (ABS and/or DNV preferred)
- Performs analysis of user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through preparation of concept of operations, interfaces control documents, hazard analysis, and test plans and procedures.
- Displays excellent technical judgment, attention to detail, and ability to look at the “big picture” in system design.
- Demonstrates ability to devise innovative solutions to problems.
- Reviews progress and evaluates results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Prepares reports and presents results to management and client.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Works closely with the program manager to ensure that systems engineering tasks are completed in a timely manner, including tasking engineering personnel to complete analyses, trade papers, tests, etc.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical or Systems Engineering. Commensurate experience will be accepted.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering preferred. Commensurate experience will be accepted.
- Minimum 10 years of practical experience in Systems Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with:
- Developing sections of systems engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents.
- Managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems are compatible with the defined system architectures, including Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Participating in the development of system engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents.
- System requirements and stakeholder needs, including functions that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system effectiveness.
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc).
- Working knowledge of MBSE tools (ModelCenter)
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Active Secret security clearance
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 environment.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Work experience with US Department of Defense.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise, and professional standing within selected field.