Job Summary: L3 Technologies is a top ten U.S. defense prime contractor, Fortune 500 company, and key provider of mission-critical technologies to military and commercial customers. L3 Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. Our mission is simple — provide customers with products and services that are industry-leading, innovative and affordable. L3 AS&T specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small UASs, affordable radar systems, weapon systems and RF sensor technologies. With small company agility and big company experience, L3 AS&T has earned a reputation for providing disruptive technologies at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors. If you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you. We are currently recruiting for a Staff Systems Engineer in our Plano office. We are currently recruiting a mid-level Systems Engineer with software development expertise. This individual will lead project system design and requirement activities while working closely with the Program Chief Engineer who is responsible for the project’s technical solution. The position interacts with other systems engineers, and collaborates with our mechanical, electrical, software, and aeronautical engineers in planning, designing, manufacturing, and testing of systems to ensure system software and hardware requirements are traced to the design and formally verified/validated. The position will coordinate directly with customer, subcontractor, and vendor personnel through written and oral communication. Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Support of hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- This position will also support system specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management
- This position will also be responsible for development of concepts of employment, uses cases, sequence diagrams, and service contracts.
- This position will be responsible for creating, maintaining and using requirements related documentation and databases for multiple programs.
Job Requirements: Required Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in design, development, integration and test of aerospace-related technical systems.
- System level design experience in which the applicant has led or been significantly involved in the design and integration of complex software systems, the definition of multiple interfaces including human-machine and been involved in the trades of multiple solution options
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering disciplines and the government program acquisition lifecycle, to include requirements definition, creation of software-based requirements verification test matrices, requirements decomposition, requirements traceability, design reviews and documentation, and integration and test
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- U.S. citizenship and at least an active Secret clearance is required
- Possession of a current Top Secret clearance is highly desirable
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SSBI is mandatory
- Degree or relevant coursework in Systems Engineering
- Experience with and an understanding of aerospace systems, especially in the development of integrated hardware/software products
- Experience in unmanned systems
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and service contracts
- Familiarity with STANAG 4586, JAUS, OMS, UCI and other common messaging architectures
- Software safety experience (e.g. design margins, timing margins, processor utilization margins, best practices for software design verification testing) is a significant plus.
- Experience in development of use cases developed from customer objectives and concepts of operations
Educational Requirements: Physical Requirements:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Ability to travel at least 10%
- Support Field Testing