As part of a highly dynamic team of engineers, you will be asked to apply your knowledge in the following areas to a variety of products/applications that are relevant to both military and commercial industries:
- Dynamics and State Estimation (linear/nonlinear, navigation/PNT, cooperative PNT, distributed PNT, oscillator modelling)
- Guidance (path planning, swarm optimization, tactical maneuvering, dog-fighting)
- Control (Fixed Wing, VTOL, HVTOL, Rotorcraft)
- Perception (Classification, Identification, SLAM, Feature tracking, Automatic Target Recognition)
This role requires a focus on innovation & strong execution, as well as a deep theoretical understanding of estimation, control, guidance and perception theory.
This individual can work remotely or onsite at Collin's Sterling, VA location.
- Responsible for the development, prototyping, and verification of advanced algorithms that address current challenges faced in the areas of Guidance, Navigation and Control when operating in both uncontested and contested environments
- Support strategic Science and Technology (S&T) Program Pursuits.
- Support development of Technical Roadmaps
- Proficient in leading small teams of Engineers (Algorithm, Software, Hardware, Test) to quickly prove out advanced GNC concepts.
- Comfortable working in an environment that encourages "first principles" solutions to complex and challenging Physics problems.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- The willingness and ability to travel 10% of the time
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- A theoretical background in one or more of the following areas is required:
1) Dynamics and State Estimation (linear/nonlinear, navigation/PNT, cooperative PNT, distributed PNT, oscillator modeling)
2) Source Localization and Mapping (lidar, radar, imu, etc)
3) Experience working with GPS in both ground and air applications
4) Guidance (tactical maneuvering, relative maneuvering, multi-platform coordinated guidance)
5) Control (linear control, nonlinear control concepts, time-critical cooperative control)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and AI concepts as they relate to perception systems, path planning, and decision making is desired.
- Experience in developing system level solutions that integrate multiple systems into a single offering is also desired.
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and plan the delivery of digital-enabled business change projects.
- Passion for technology, business, market trends and, most specifically, adding value to the industry.
- Possesses strategic, critical, and problem-solving thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Expertise in innovation & the ability to think strategically about how to advance business-led solutions
- Advanced degree (M.S or PhD) in a related discipline (Engineering, Physics, Math)