ARRIS is a premier video and broadband technology company that transforms how service providers worldwide deliver entertainment and communications without boundaries. Its powerful end-to-end platforms enable service and content providers to improve the way people connect – with each other and with their favorite content. The Company’s vision and expertise continue to drive the industry’s innovations, as they have for more than 60 years. Headquartered north of Atlanta, in Suwanee, Georgia, ARRIS has R&D, sales and support centers throughout the world.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as operations subject matter expert on the managed services solution offering including support of advanced troubleshooting exercises as needed.
• Performs a wide range of duties to support other NOC engineers with regards to installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support.
• Develop MOPs and procedures for deploying/upgrading equipment, which can be handed off to NOC staff for processing
• Responsible for recommending upgrades to network elements to address performance, security or functionality concerns, including validating and testing prior to deployment in the field
• Works with solution architects to operationalize HW and SW solutions that are part of the managed services offering as well as follow-on enhancements.
• These skills must be applied across a variety of networking platforms including but not limited to Cisco, Fortigate, Juniper, Versa, Palo Alto
• Manage and proactively improve network monitoring tools
• Maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
• Develop playbooks and training processes to be used by NOC staff
• Seek opportunities to automate manual processes or increase efficiencies during new customer turn up, provisioning, and automation. This includes advanced scripting.
• Actively participate and lead troubleshooting escalations with customers and deployment teams for support issues and activation.
• Responsible for deployment and enhancement of NOC to NOC and B2B flows between ARRIS and customer
• Perform other duties as assigned
5+ years of Enterprise or ISP NOC Experience
• Success working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• 5+ years Linux Admin experience in and ISP type environment.
• Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
• Relevant experience in networking technologies to include TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, STP, HSRP, GLBP, NAT, QoS, SNMP, VoIP, ACLs, Routing, Switching, Load Balancing, p2p and pmp VPNs.
• Experience in network protocol analyzers/sniffers such as Wireshark.
• Advanced knowledge of multiple circuit types
• Deep Experience in network deployment automation
• Experience with Virtualization, DBs(Cassandra, MySQL), Scripting(JS, Perl, Python..), Web API integration, Storage arrays, firewalls, and load balancers.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Experience in an ITIL organization
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science/IT)
• 10+ years of complex LAN / WAN experience
• 10+ years experience in an ISP type environment
• One or more Networking/Security certifications
• Experience in network security a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Wireless 802.11 AP’s. Cisco wireless management technologies, including WLC, ISE , NCS, and MSE, and Ruckus wireless management technologies
• Experience with network configuration management and automation software such as Ansible, Solar Winds, True Sight
• Network services and traffic management systems, such as RADIUS, SNMP, SSH, sFlow, and InMon
• 24 x 7 x 365 shift schedules on an 8x5 or 10x4 basis As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.