$150K — $200K *
Twitter's Network Engineering team handles a dynamic, constantly growing and evolving global network that provides a reliable, high-performance and secure network behind one of the few products in the world that touches over 1 billion people.
Twitter Network Engineering is looking for a skilled and experienced Staff Systems Development Engineer to join its team to provide unique networking and software expertise in developing software products that enable Twitter's global network.
Who You Are:
You will take pleasure building highly resilient, performant, and thoroughly tested distributed systems which deploy, scale and manage our large-scale data center, backbone, and edge networks. You will be a technical lead with the ability to collaborate on software automation design and develop automation software as a team. You will have strong verbal and written communications, strong ownership and the ability to work in multi-disciplined technical teams.
- B.S. in Computer Science computer engineering or a related technical discipline
- 7+ years of software development experience and proficiency in an object-oriented language (i.e. Python, Scala or Java)
- 3+ years of network engineering experience with large-scale networks, including routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, or equivalent experience developing automation that interacts with such networks
- Ability to learn new programming languages, and/or prior experience in a JVM-based or functional programming language
- Experience with developing business-critical distributed large-scale systems and in-depth knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for software development life cycles
A few other things we value:
Challenge - We solve some of the industry’s hardest problems. Come to be challenged, learn, and thrive as an engineer.
Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
Valid through: 12/19/2020
$100K — $150K