MaxLinear is seeking a driven and experienced Systems Applications Engineer to join our team in our Irvine, CA design center.
- Work with regionalSalesand FAE teams to secure design wins and strengthen relationships with key customers and strategic partners:
- Communicate and clarify product specifications and systems application requirements
- Demonstrate MaxLinear product evaluations and present technical seminars at customer sites and trade show events
- Support and track customer design, bring-up, validation, and debug activities
- Provide product and technical trainings for regional Sales and FAE teams
- Gather customers and market information forMarketing:
- Perform feasibility studies on new product features
- Support Marketing team to define new products and roadmap
- Conduct competitive intelligence studies and analyses
- Support MaxLinear product development:
- Build reference designs for system validation and customer evaluation
- Develop product test plans and generate test reports
- Generate product collateral and customer support documents including application notes, datasheets, and users’ guides
- Work with the Engineering teams to improve product reliability, quality, and product experience
- Strong knowledge of RF/Microwave Mixed-Signal and digital communications concepts
- Extensive hands-on lab experience in measurement, testing, and debugging RF/Microwave and digital communication systems and ICs
- Experienced in high-speed digital and RF/Microwave PCB design
- Familiarity with EMC/EMI testing is desired
- Software programming skills including driver integration and ATE development for platform characterization is highly desired
- Familiar with lab instruments including spectrum analyzer, signal generator, network analyzer, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, traffic analyzer and BER tester, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written English proficiency
- Able to work well and learn quickly under pressure in a fast pace environment, driving work to completion
- Aptitude for customer interaction and attention to detail
- BS/MS in EE and 5 years in RF/Microwave and/or high-speed digital hardware development experience and 3 years of circuit design and application support experience, preferably in the semiconductor industry
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Herzliya, Israel; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineeringdegrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.