We are looking for a Systems Analyst for our Information Technology department. You must have PeopleSoft Financial 9.2 experience with Accounts Payable and Treasury knowledge. Technically need to know the following: PeopleTools, Peoplecode, application designer and Fluid. You will perform full life-cycle application development and support for PeopleSoft Financials which is complex and has a large scope without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining methods and objectives of assignments. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. This role works with PeopleSoft financials in relation to accounts payable, treasury, and banking functions. Any background in these areas is preferred.
This is an on-site position that will work full-time in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. It is eligible for full benefits including great lowcost healthcare options as well as an outstanding retirement plan run by the State of Texas. The employee will work normal hours doing a standard work week. The role is non-exempt.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Leads, organizes and manages multiple concurrent tasks or projects.
2. Performs as a technical lead role for a major program or group of projects; develops and manages an integrated project plan, implementation plan, and oversees the development of functional and technical design specifications, testing plans, training plans, quality assurance plans, and ongoing maintenance plans.
3. Analyzes requests for computer service from various clients to determine feasibility and cost benefits of proposed systems and determines requirements for modification and enhancements to existing systems.
4. Designs new systems and enhancements to accurately address user requirements including development of functional specifications and technical specifications as required as well as cost and resource estimates.
5. Programs or configures applications according to design specifications and departmental standards; establishes test plans and data; validates and verifies functions in program; and prepares necessary forms and documentation for implementation.
6. Performs development and programming tasks either independently or, more frequently, through the supervision of other systems analysts and programmers.
7. Provides expertise in one or more types of systems and software including PeopleSoft, Oracle, ERP, client-server and web-based systems, and mainframe systems.
8. Coordinates with Project Manager, systems analysts, user management, and other IS technical providers to ensure that client requirements are accomplished
9. Provides technical support to users about new or enhanced systems or applications.
10. Provides expertise and leadership in all phases of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) such as project scoping, requirements gathering, analysis, design, construction, testing, quality assurance, migration, and maintenance.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
PeopleSoft Financial 9.2 experience with Accounts Payable and Treasury knowledge
Experience with computer hardware, software and programming
Excellent technical and general communication skills, both oral and written including specific skills such as presentation skills, leading/participating in group sessions, and the ability to communicate complex subjects.
Certifications in relevant areas such as PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Microsoft are highly desirable. ERP systems implementation and supportexperience is highly desirable.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, related discipline or related experience in lieu of education.
5 years of relevant experience.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215