Common Purpose, Uncommon
Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that
Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our
global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global
payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet
network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses
around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and
checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with
partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services
join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™
World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the
world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar
on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all
over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to
Job Description and Responsibilities
Systems Engineer (Hadoop/Linux Administrator): Big Data Platform
- Will work as a Linux Administrator for Big Data Platform Engineering Team.
- Will be responsible to build, tune and perform operational efficiency on the production clusters.
- Will be responsible to automate and monitor health of the Operational clusters.
- Will be responsible to work closely with the development and application support teams to deliver/resolve issues as part of Big Data Infrastructure engineering and operations.
- Will be responsible to install/support Big Data Components e.g. HDFS, Hive, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, HBase, etc.
Strong Hadoop/Linux Administrator with the below qualification is required to apply for this position:
- Graduate in Engineering or related technical field.
- 8+ years of working experience in Linux system administration
- Experience on Cloudera distribution is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in Configuring and setting up Big Data/Hadoop clusters in production environment is preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience in maintaining, optimization and issue resolution of Hadoop/Big Data Platform clusters is preferred.
- Hands-on Experience in SQL (Oracle) and No SQL Databases (HBASE) is plus.
- Experience to build server(s), clustering, Performance tunings and troubleshooting is must.
- Networking concept and experience (TCP/IP and related protocols) is plus.
- Knowledge in Python/Perl/shell scripting is must.
- Experience with automated configuration management (Puppet/Chef) is preferred.
- Knowledge with Linux container/dockers technology is plus.
- Knowledge on Spark and Kafka Administration is a big plus.
- “Hadoop Admin Certification” is good to have.
- “Red Hat Certification” is good to have.
Job Number: REF8095T