Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and deliver the existing manufacturing systems to ensure sites operate to business needs and issues are resolved as they arise.
- Perform assessment, develop plan, and support models for manufacturing systems.
- Hands-on focus on core MES application system supporting, administering and hosting MES systems – ideally Camstar with connected Oracle ERP.
- Understand manufacturing reference architecture and related concepts.
- Understand manufacturing processes and related master and transaction data (materials, BOMs, routings, work centers, material movements, production orders, containers, etc.)
- Understand medical device waterfall software development process and participate in efforts to improve software development life cycle processes.
- Experience in writing SQL statements, understanding ER diagrams and DB schemas.
- Analyze system requirement and document requirements using the right level of detail for the engineers and external software development vendors.
- Work with other developers or external vendors to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis.
- Quick learner
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following dev languages: SQL, Java, C#.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting complex and business critical issues
- 8+ years working as software engineer/system analyst for product manufacturing software
- Exposure to test-driven development and experience with all test phases.
- Working knowledge with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques, and other tools, such as Jira, Jama and confluence.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Adjust easily to a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience in FDA regulated software development
- Experience in using document, task, defect, requirement and test case management systems such as Oracle Agile PLM, Jira, Jama, Confluence, etc.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 8-12 years related experience or Master's degree and 5-7 years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 2-4 years of experience.