Stryker's Endoscopy business unit delivers a wide range of innovative visualization platform that enables to distinguish anatomy across all minimally invasive procedures, while providing a simple, yet personalized experience. Our long history of innovation and constant development in advanced imaging and OR connectivity is driven by the desire to allow physicians to see and do more. We deliver a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of products and business solutions to help our customers excel both clinically and operationally.
What You Will Do
- Critically apply engineering design principles (software architecture) and identify areas of weakness and targets those areas in your testing.
- Work closely with the development team by engaging early in the project phase to discover issues early on and reduce required design iterations.
- Determine root cause(s) and provide solutions to optimize product design.
- Calculate sample size, perform data analysis using statistically supported limits of operation, and benchmarking data/marketing claims unassisted.
- Design and develop reusable test protocols of high complexity and quality, consider long term usability in the test case design.
- Implement process improvements and also provide guidance to other engineers on design controls and test lab practices/procedures.
- You may develop significant changes to or generate DWIs and/or WIs independently.
- Have an awareness of and understanding of upcoming standard & regulatory changes in your area of expertise. Proactively prepare testing and procedures in regards to upcoming changes. Spread this awareness to the business.
- Write, debug and evaluate code in C and/or C++ and/or C#.
- Perform white box, integration, system level testing as needed.
- Drive test decisions for a program or system of products. Determine overall impact to program/system with regards to timeline, cost, and resources for test. Prioritize projects based on business needs. Use your knowledge of clinical and business risks to help determine defect prioritization.
- Successfully negotiate and strategically problem solve with cross-functional partners. Act as an ambassador for test across the business unit.
- Be responsible for the testing on an entire project/product or system of products and lead the expansion of test coverage and advancement in your area of expertise.
- Work independently to plan and schedule your activities to meet project timelines.
- Work cooperatively with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success.
- Collaborate with peers to leverage and share engineering best practices.
What You Need
- Tools : Some combination of the following - JIRA, GIT (Using SourceTree), PTC Integrity, Visual Studio, Agile (Doc Control), VectorCast, Perforce, Any Automated UI Test Software, LabView
- Technical Skills: C# and/or C++ and/or C, Python
- Bachelors degree in Computer science and or EE or related curriculum. (Master's degree preferred).
- 4+ years of software test experience (medical industry experience highly preferred).
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding in the fundamentals of Software test discipline.