Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal, Parcel and Airport Logistics LLC is currently seeking a Staff Software/Firmware Engineer to join our Postal Automation design team in Irving, TX. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecture, design, development, and verification of a wide array of controls and applications for leading edge automation equipment. Responsibilities
- Design and develop programmable controls and software for complex mail sortation equipment.
- Design controls using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Experience with IBM - Rational Rhapsody Developer is preferred.
- Must have good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) concept.
- Real Time Embedded System Development experience in C/C++
- Expert in C / C++, C#, Java
- Proficient in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using OOD methodology
- Proficient in developing software/systems from functional requirements
- Distributed systems architecture experience
- Proficient in Multithreaded application development
- TCP/IP communications application development experience
- Working knowledge of simulation packages such as Emulate 3d, Demo 3d (for system) is preferred.
- Develop timing and physical implementation constraints, execute verification plans
- Hold detailed design reviews for system designs
- Completes the development of software test requirements for complex modules under development, executes complex test specifications.
- Lead design integration activities with cross-functional engineering teams
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s is preferred) in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is required
- 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to align stakeholders to execute the corporate and project strategy
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a rapidly-changing environment Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. *LI