$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
LinkedIn is a deeply data driven company with data driving not only business decisions but also product features and direction -- data is deeply embedded in the LinkedIn DNA. The company has a diversified business model with revenue coming from Talent Solutions, Marketing Solutions and Premium Subscriptions products.
Staff Software Engineer - Big Data Engineering TPSearching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The Big Data Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the state-of-the-art Big data infrastructure that makes this data available and accessible to the entire company to make data driven decisions. As Staff Software Engineer of our world-class software engineering team, you will be an agile architect in building the next-generation of Bid Data infrastructure for LinkedIn. The team works closely with Data scientists, Product Managers, Executives and other key parts of the business across the globe to understand their data requirements and build appropriate systems and platform that meet or exceed those needs. Big data Engineering (BDE) is committed to being an early adopter and contributor to open source big data technologies. Engineers are encouraged to think out of the box and play with latest technologies and explore their limits. LinkedIn is looking for talented Big Data Engineers to help build, scale and maintain the critical big data processes and infrastructure at LinkedIn.
• Contribute to the Big data design and data preparation by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows.
• Performing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data into a Big data environment that is optimized for reporting.
• Establishing efficient design and programming patterns for engineers as well as for non-technical peoples.
• Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis on big data platform.
• Ensuring best practices that can be adopted in Big Data stack and share across teams and Business Units.
• Providing operational excellence through root cause analysis and continuous improvement for Big Data technologies and processes and contributes back to open source community.
• Contributing to innovations and data insights that fuel LinkedIn's vision and mission.
• Working in a team environment, interact with multiple groups on a daily basis
• Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices to initiate, plan, and execute large-scale, cross functional, and company-wise critical programs.
• Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity.
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
• BS and 8+ years of relevant work experience, MS and 7+ years of relevant work experience, or PhD and 4+ years of relevant work experience
• 4+ years of experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
• Working experience with Hadoop projects/infrastructure
• Experience in the Big Data technologies (Hadoop, M/R, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, Presto, etc.)
• Experience with at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Perl etc.)
• Experience with an OO programming language (Java and Spark Scala)
• Experience implementing best practices in Big Data space
• Experience working extensively in multi-petabyte Big data environment
• Experience in engineering large-scale systems in a product environment with understanding of Distributed systems design
• Experience in Algorithmic development and implementation
• Ability to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries
• Exceptional Problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience with Big data design, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load), architecting efficient software designs for Big data platform.
• Experience building data infrastructure, frameworks and automation is a big plus
• Knowledge of database modeling and design. Able to perform data analysis, ingestion and integration
• Knowledge of NoSQL stores is a plus
• Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of technical and functional designs for Databases, Reporting, and Data Mining areas
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Passion for about continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source Big Data technologies and software paradigms
Valid Through: 2019-9-13