As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.You're
an Individual. We're
the team for you. Together
, let's transform the way the world pays.Job Description
Visa is looking for Staff DevOps Engineer who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects. Essential Functions:
- Design, lead, implement and evolve applications and pipelines to automate best-in-class CI/CD platform.
- Design, lead and develop APIs, abstractions and integration patterns for a lean SDLC process.
- Lead automation, management and monitoring of our infrastructure ecosystem.
- Lead development new features of our release engineering platform.
- Design, lead and develop key elements of our continuous security platform.
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in production environment.
- Document design tradeoffs and long-term architecture decisions.
- Advocate for software development best practices.
5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
• \t5+ years of experience in Linux coding or systems programming.
• \t5+ years of experience in application development experience in major languages, e.g: Golang/Python/C/C++.
• \t4+ years of experience with CI/CD automation.
• \tStrong background with scripting (shell, python, go, bash, ...)
• \tStrong background with git and complex development workflows.
• \tStrong background with SDLCs including version control, build process, testing, and code releases.
• \tExperience with Jenkins platform.
• \tExperience with Docker containers.
• \tExperience with Kubernetes.
• \tExperience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols.
• \tExperience working in Agile development cycles.
• \tExperience on building a CD system on AWS or Google Cloud is a plus.
• \tExperience on being an application developer (being the consumer of a CD system) is a plus.
• \tExperience with Groovy language is a plus.
• \tExcellent verbal and written communications skills.Additional Information
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law Work Hours:
Varies upon the needs of the department Travel Requirements:
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time. Mental/Physical Requirements:
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.