At Smarsh, we’ve been helping our customers manage new forms of communication since 1998. We work closely with regulators including the SEC, FINRA, IIROC, and the PRA and FCA, and with our customers, to ensure that they understand the capabilities of today’s technology and that our platform meets their most stringent requirements. Our products include Connected Capture, Connected Archive, Web Archive & Business Solutions.
The PaaS (Platform as a Service) team is looking for a Staff Software Engineer, UI to join our team and help build our 1CP product (1 Cloud Platform). We are building a best in class platform that is used by Smarsh engineering teams to build, deliver, scale, operate, and secure applications across multiple IaaS and multiple cloud vendors.
Staff Software Engineer, UI
- Expertise and broad range of programming/scripting experience (i.e. Java, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.)
- Experience with Angular, Ember, React, and other front-end frameworks.
- Strong background in managing code with Git.
- Experience managing continuous integration systems (Pivotal Concourse).
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment tools (Puppet, Chef, etc.).
- Background working in a multi-platform environment (Linux, Windows.).
- Experience with builds and packaging in a Linux/Java environment strongly preferred (Maven, rpm, etc.).
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience building and operating Pivotal Platform.
- Experience with Elastics, S3, and MongoDB data storage solutions.
- Experience leading small teams’ ceremonies (i.e. stand-ups, retros, and planning).
- Leadership with mentorship and educating less experienced engineers.
Members of the PaaS team practice and advocate for the following principle and methodologies:
- Continuous Improvement
- 12 Factor Apps
- Behavior Driven Development
- Test-Driven Development
- SOLID Design
- Attend and actively participate in team ceremonies (stand-ups, retros, and planning meetings).
- Coordinate efforts with globally dispersed teams.
- Document decisions regarding technology choices, best practices and process.
- Manage code bases using Smarsh engineering practices.
- Creatively solve problems in the SaaS Operations space, collaborating with SRE, Data Services, Delivery, and Engineering team members.
- Design and develop tools and libraries for broader use by SaaS Operations and Engineering teams.
- Design and develop high volume data pipelines, in large distributed systems
- Design and develop complex event-driven systems, with DDD/BDD workflows
- Design and develop wonderful UX/UI products for users of Smarsh products
- Actively change code within current production systems to resolve incidents and/or enhance operational performance, following Engineering process for code change.
- Lead and actively engage in architectural conversations and plans.
- Regularly pair with other Platform Engineers to develop tools and libraries and facilitate learning and best practices.
- Lead and actively engage in projects to implement enhancements to SaaS Operations and Smarsh products.
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years of industry experience
- BS in CS or equivalent