We are tasked with developing the next gen application form the ground up and we get our choice of UI tools to accomplish the task. If you love having big goals, real world challenges, and making customers incredibly happy whilst fostering your obsessive need for perfect code and user experience, this is the job for you.
Along with coding, you will be responsible for working with product managers, other developers and designers on our agile team structure. We love product engineers who lead the charge, communicating with customers and delivering the most beautiful, intuitive application possible is a must.
- Architecting and developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC's)
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems
- Roughly 40-60% hands-on coding
- Generate technical documentation and PowerPoint presentations to communicate architectural and design options, and educate development teams and business users
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
- Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Demonstrate a passion for developing well architected, elegant, web and/or mobile apps
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- 8+ years of experience designing and developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 3+ years of experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development.
- Building strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent.
- Agile coding experience, working in small teams that have made a big impact fast
- 1+ years of GraphQL professional or open-source experience. Particularly with Apollo.
- 1+ years of experience with CSS framework such as LESS, Sass, etc.
- Similar experience in a modern consumer environment (Pinterest, Box, Quora, Facebook...) and/or open source projects (contributed to node.js, dojo toolkit, NPM modules, etc)
- Experience with GIT /SCM